Now that it is officially fall, we’re ready to enjoy the season – pumpkins and all! It’s time to head to a fall festival and check out the pumpkins, corn mazes, Halloween festivities & all the other fall activities. Luckily, there are plenty of Fall Festival options in Northern Virginia. We hope you enjoy the fall season!
· Cox Farms, 15621 Braddock Rd, Centreville – Open Daily (10am-6pm) from Sep 14-15, 21-Nov 5. In addition to farm animals, rides & a cornfield maze, there are plenty of pumpkins to pick & other fun fall activities. Visit www.coxfarms.com for tickets & more information. Older teens and adults can head over to Cox Farms at night for their Fields of Fear – featuring scares in the corn maze, forest trail & wagon rides from Sep 20 – Nov 2.
· Pumpkin Village at Leesburg Animal Park, 19270 James Monroe Hwy, Leesburg – Open Daily (9:30am-6pm) from Sep 21-Nov 5. There are lots of fun activities at Pumpkin Village – including giant slides, moon bounces, petting farms & even a free pumpkin & apple cider. Visit www.pumpkinfestleesburg.com for tickets & more information.
· Annual Halloween Pumpkin Hunt, Lee Fendell House, 614 Oronoco St, Alexandria – Saturday, October 26 at 10:30AM, 12:30PM and 2:30PM. All children elementary school age and younger are welcome to participate in the pumpkin hunt, older children and adults can enjoy all other activities. Costumes are encouraged. Tickets are $15 for children and $5 for adults when purchased online in advance here.
· Jack’s Pumpkin Glow, 1400 Lake Fairfax Dr, Reston – Walk through an enchanting wonderland filled with more than 5,000 hand-carved, illuminated pumpkins transformed into beautiful landscapes, iconic figures and larger-than-life structures. This 1/3 mile walk-through display is not scary so it can be enjoyed by all ages. Tickets range from $10.99 to $29.99 depending on date, age and time. Tickets & more information can be found here:https://glowpumpkin.com/washington-dc/
· Burke Fall Festival & Pumpkin Playground, 9401 Burke Rd, Burke – Open Daily (9am-9pm) from Oct 1-31. Admission includes a free pumpkin & hayride along with lots of other attractions – even a pumpkin fort. Visit www.pumpkinplayground.com for more information, tickets are sold at the door.
· Belvedere Plantation, 1410 Belvedere Plantation, Fredericksburg – Open Daily (times & days vary, closed on Mondays) from Sep 21-Nov 3. While the Pumpkin Patch & the Maize Maze are the biggest attractions, there are so many attractions from hayrides to campfires & everything in between. Visit www.belvedereplantation.com/harvest-festival/ for tickets & more information.