We hope you have been enjoying the holiday season so far. If you’re looking for the best and brightest lights around Arlington and Northern Virginia, bundle up and check out any of these beautiful light displays around town.
- Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights – Enjoy over 500,000 lights and displays on a .6 mile outdoor walking trail at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens. Timed entry tickets are available to purchase in advance to avoid lines. Open daily through January 6th from 5:30-10pm, online tickets range from $8-$14. Concessions and hot chocolate are available, as well as the Snowflake Shoppe to shop for holiday ornaments, jewelry, and more. Find more informationhere.
- Light Up Fest – An extraordinary experience at One Loudoun with over 70 different light exhibits celebrating a rich cultural heritage including traditional Chinese lanterns. Free, nightly performances feature acrobats, dancers and musicians. Craft experiences, foods from around the world and much more. Open daily through January 2nd from 5:30-10:30pm. Tickets sold online or at the door, prices range from $19.99-29.99. Free every Tuesday for all First Responders and Active Duty Military. Find more information here.
- 2018 ICE & Christmas on the Potomac – ICE is back featuring A Charlie Brown Christmas as a new theme at the Gaylord National Resort. Watch Charlie Brown rediscover the meaning of Christmas as the story unfolds through 2 million pounds of ice sculptures and displays. Open daily through January 1st. There are many additional activities available and ticket prices vary daily and for the different events, find more information here.
- National Harbor Holiday Light Show – Nightly throughout the holiday season at the Waterfront Plaza at National Harbor. Beginning a half hour after the sunset and continuing every half hour until 9:30pm. With plenty of restaurants to choose from and shopping for last minute gifts, National Harbor is a great place to enjoy the season. Find more information here.
- Bull Run Festival of Lights – Open daily until January 6th, drive through 2.5 miles illuminated by holiday light displays in Centreville, VA. After viewing the lights from the comfort of your car, visit the holiday village to enjoy rides, refreshments and photos with Santa Claus. Times and prices vary, find more information here.
- Zoo Lights at the National Zoo – Open daily, free of charge, through January 1st, excluding Dec 24, 25, and 31. More than 500,000 lights transform the National Zoo into a winter wonderland. Additionally enjoy 2 laser light shows, live music performances, tasty winter treats, and holiday shopping. Find more information on additional exhibits here.
- US Botanical Garden – Open daily, free of charge, from 10am-5pm through January 1st, enjoy the Season’s Greetings: All Aboard! display this year with recreations of train stations around the country. Find more information here.