We hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving Holiday! Now, we can officially begin decorating for the holiday season! If you are anything like us, you love a live Christmas tree so we decided to put together a list of the best places to find a ‘cut your own’ Christmas tree in Northern Virginia. Many of these farms also have other decorations for sale, Santa appearances, hot chocolate and cider, and much more to enjoy the season.
- Clark’s Farm – Both ‘cut-your-own’ and pre-cut Christmas trees available, wreaths, boughs, garlands, mistletoe and more decorations available. They also offer trees tied, trees baled, tree trimmings, free hot cider and more.
721 Courthouse Road, Stafford, VA 22554 – About 30 min drive from Arlington
Open: From the Friday after Thanksgiving until Christmas – Monday to Thursday from 11 am to 6 pm, Friday and Saturday from 10 am to 8 pm and Sunday from 10 am to 6 pm
- Chilly Hollow Christmas Tree Farm – Both ‘cut you own’ Christmas trees (saws provided) & ‘you choose, we cut’ trees available, trees bagged & tied, free hot chocolate & cider. Maple Syrup from trees on the farm, concessions & refreshment stand also for sale.
1642 Chilly Hollow Rd, Berryville, VA 22611 – About 1 hour drive from Arlington
Open: Thanksgiving week through Christmas (Fri & Sat, 9am-5pm; Sun 11am-5 pm), select and reserve your tree early by contacting us for appointment.
- Moose Apple Christmas Tree Farm – Cut Your Own Christmas trees, Living Christmas trees (to plant later), wreaths, boughs, garlands, decorations, tree shaking & baling provided, saws provided & gift shop available.
2425 Wickliffe Rd, Berryville, VA 22611 – About 1 hour drive from Arlington
Open: Wed – Sun from Nov 27 through Dec 20 to cut trees & visit our gift shop; weekdays 10am-4pm and weekends 9am-4pm
- Arboria Christmas Tree Farm – Cut your own Christmas trees available.
10699 Ada Road, Marshall, VA 20115 – About an hour drive from Arlington
Open: Weekends in December or by appointment.
- Hartland Farm – Hank’s Christmas Trees - Minimizes chemical and pesticide use. Both cut your own & pre-cut Christmas trees available as well as Christmas wreaths, garlands, and other decorations, trees tied, trees baled, saws provided, free hot chocolate. Also available – honey from hives on the farm.
12234 Belle Meade Rd, Markham, VA 22643
Open: Everyday from November 23-December 23 from 10am to 5pm.
- Belmont Christmas Tree Farm - Go directly to their farm to cut-your-own Christmas tree in Spotsylvania or pick a pre-cut Christmas trees at their lot in Fredericksburg. Wreaths and other decorations also sold. Cash and checks only.
Farm: 7533 Belmont Rd, Spotsylvania, VA 22551
Retail Lot: 5629 Plank Rd, Fredericksburg, VA 22407
Farm Hours: Mon-Fri from 3-5pm, Sat from 8am-7pm, Sun from 8am-5pm
Lot Hours: Mon-Fri from 11am-8pm, Sat & Sun from 9am-9pm
Some pre-cut tree options that are closer to Arlington include the following farms. In addition to their pre-cut trees, they also have wreaths and other decorations, gift shops, Santa appearances and more.
- The Cedar Forest Christmas Tree Lot – Pre-cut Christmas trees, mistletoe, wreaths available for sale. Services offered include wrapping, a gift shop, tree shaking to remove loose needles and cutting service.
6501 Little River Turnpike, Alexandria, VA 22312
Phone: 703-866-9494 or 703-475-7117
Open: The Friday after Thanksgiving to December 24; 10 am to 10 pm daily.
- Cox Farms – Pre-cut Christmas trees, Christmas wreaths, Christmas boughs, garlands, mistletoe, Santa appearances, Christmas decorations, trees tied, tree shaking provided, trees baled, free tree trimmings, bonfires and smores.
15621 Braddock Road, Centreville, VA 20120.
Open: Daily from Nov 23-Dec 23 – Mon-Fri from 11am-8pm, Sat & Sun from 9am-7pm
- Whitehall Farms – Uses natural growing practices – pre-cut Christmas trees, wreaths, boughs and garlands available for sale, Santa appearances, tree tying, baling & shaking provided, winter wagon rides, bonfires, free hot chocolate & cider, fresh eggs, farm market and gift shop.
12523 Popes Head Road, Clifton, VA 20124
Open: Wed-Fri from 11am-7pm, Sat from 9am-5pm & Sun from 11am-5pm